Throughout my interviews, I heard some of the same statements over and over. Here are the top 11 generalizations the Bahraini Arab Muslims have about America/Americans, based upon my interviews with them. Each is addressed in detail in my book.
1. America has no respect for its women as evidenced by advertisements, movies, TV, and pornography.
2. The American culture has destroyed the family system/family values, and Americans have no morals.
3. Western culture is very lax regarding women’s clothing that gives mixed messages to men.
4. Americans believe that Muslim women who cover themselves are backwards.
5. American students are expected to take a part-time job in high school and move out when they turn 18 and graduate.
6. Americans are overly concerned with money and profitability.
7. Americans are very good at giving money for humanitarian efforts, but they are also very good at killing people. It’s as though they are trying to find a balance for their guilt.
8. The American government has created problems in the world just to have power and political clout worldwide. It [American government] can’t be trusted.
9. Every decision made in the American government is made with Israel’s benefit in mind. The American government is highly influenced by them.
10. The American media shows and tells Americans only what they want them to know.
11. Americans know nothing about Bahrain, or even where Bahrain is. They probably think we still live in tents in the desert and ride camels.
Coming soon will be the Americans’ Top 11 Generalizations about the Bahraini Arab Muslims; again, based upon my interviews.